The Mains Family

Thursday, October 13, 2005

C-Bob may be on his way!

As of 6:45am, we're on our way to Brookwood Hospital because C-Bob just doesn't seem to want to wait!

Posted here below was the last update we got from the doctor's visit yesterday from Angela...

Hello everyone!

Wanted to send you all an update on our doctor's appointment today.
Here's the scoop:

Even with medication, I still had contractions yesterday. They have slowed significantly today, and I am taking medication that makes me really jittery every 4 hours. Hopefully, this will help to hold off the contractions for a little while longer.

I have dialated to 2 cm, and I am not due for another 7 1/2 weeks. Obviously this is cause for concern.

Because I have continued to progress, the Dr. Ross has put me on bed rest. This means that I am really only supposed to get up to go to the bathroom and get food. I can sit, lay, recline, or whatever, but I need to be pretty low key.

Dr. Ross is hoping that Clayton will wait at least 3 or 4 weeks to come, but at this rate, who knows. If we continue like we have so far. . .

Good news is that Clayton is measuring 2 weeks ahead of time. I've heard that an average baby weighs about 3 1/2 pounds at this point, while Clayton actually weighs 4 lbs, 11 ounces. He's a big boy!

Since the biggest problem with babies born early is their lung development, they gave me a steroid shot, and I have to go back tomorrow for another. My appointments will continue weekly from here on out.

Good news, we had another ultrasound today and he is so cute! He was taking a nap. It looks like he's going to have his daddy's lips. :) We also know that he has some hair. :)

So for now, I am sitting on the couch, eating bon bons, soaking up the relaxation! I'll see you all again. . . some day!

Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home